Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Just returned from ten days of sage rat shooting and found a failed delivery notice from FedEx. Went inside and discovered FedEx thought it would deliver my 40X on 7/12 but had actually attempted delivery on 7/11. Got it from the local FedEx Office location around 6pm.

Excellent piece. Of course, missing the sights, trigger guard, action screws and stock... Ordered all the required bits today except the iron sights which I'm hoping I can locate through the club.

Can't wait to see how it shoots. I may have a new favorite silhouette rifle.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Sounds like deliveries (and excitement level) are slowing down a bit. Maybe CMP is about done with the complete rifles.

My 40X wasn't as nice as I would have liked (chipped and gouged stock), but the metal looks nice albeit a few minor scratches. I ordered a replacement stock from Numrich and received it a few days ago. It looks pretty nice (a few dings) except that it doesn't have the butt pad (those were already sold out). The Numrich stock looks as if it has never been used and is bare of any finish. My original butt pad is in decent shape and I hope to move it over to the "new" stock.

David