Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Default First range results with 513T

Although I got my Remington 513T last fall (from CMP), it wasn't until this week that I had the Redfield 75 sight to make it useful. I had it at the range yesterday and today, absolutely love shooting it. As heavy as these are, and as light as the .22 round, your eye never need leave the target as you cycle the bolt.

Although I had a pretty brisk quartering wind, the groups at 50 feet were not affected, and at 50 yards still quite acceptable to me for a 67 year old rifle (not to mention my 50 year old eyes!).

The first three targets were shot at 50 feet; the two that are basically one ragged hole are 10 shot groups. The one with 6 separate targets on it holds 5 shot groups. The last target was shot at 50 yards, is an 18 shot group (I had two FTFs out of two clips), and you can see the breeze opened up the group somewhat, and I had to go to a bigger target diameter so as to find it in the peep sight, but I am really pleased with this gun!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM

Looking good and with a little practice your 50 yard groups will shrink. Try some standard velocity ammo. It will generally be more accurate than the hi-velocity stuff.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM

+1 on using different ammo. Go to Champchoice, or Champion Shooters Supply and buy 1 box of as many different types as you can and then repeat your tests. With a gun like a 513T you probably won't be able to exact the maximum performance out of the high end match stuff, like Eley Tenex or Lapua Midas Plus, but it's fun to have them around just to play with and see if your gun gets any marginally increased performance from them.