Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2021, 08:01 PM

Default Rimfire Sporter Check-in?

Another point after examining the newly modified NM2021 schedule, is the RIMFIRE CHECK-IN events. They are all color coded to the Rimfire Sporter match and the Rimfire SAFS.

I would like to shoot the Sporter match alone, with nothing to do with the Rimfire SAFS course. Is that even possible, or are they linked together?

(is the Sporter match following the Rimfire SAFS course the Rimfire equivalent of the Rifle SAFS M16 EIC match following the rifle course, I guess is the real question)

If not, would I need to be there even earlier to register in the allotted times?

Once again, thanx
Old 04-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Administrator

These are two separate events. You can view the Rimfire Schedule at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...MKI6N0tJw/edit.

Thanks,
Christine
Old 07-19-2021, 02:57 PM

I'm bringing my kids up for the weekend. We shoot Appleseed's twice a year but have never been to camp Perry. Does anyone know if there are opportunities/ranges to practice outside of the 10 min. before the relay? I signed up too late to get into the Saturday instruction. It seems kind of a waste of time to spend all Saturday doing nothing.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:28 AM

Check out the Gary Anderson Competition Center (Airgun Range).
You can just practice for about $5 if you have your own rifle/pistol (no more than 600fps) and pellets. They also rent excellent equipment for about $5 and sell pellets. There are several Airgun events running during the Nationals. It is really a top notch facility, worth seeing.
https://thecmp.org/competitions/matc...ir-gun-events/
Old 07-20-2021, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in it, they've never really shot a real air gun, just red riders and fun guns. Looking at the website though it still lists mask rules and social distancing stuff. We're kinda on vacation, I don't have much interest in wearing masks. Do you know if that's still enforced?
Old 07-20-2021, 06:19 PM

From the National Matches website:
https://thecmp.org/cmp-announces-upd...ional-matches/

"Additionally, current mask regulations state that individuals are not required to wear a mask while outdoors, but are free to do so based on their own level of comfort. Masks are still recommended for unvaccinated guests indoors, while in close proximity to others."
Old 07-22-2021, 03:11 PM
Administrator

The Air Gun range will be open from 12-8PM on Saturday, July 24th. Masks are optional at this time. There's a Junior Smallbore Camp going on at Petrarca (covered range) and a Prone Championship (smallbore) going on at Rodriguez -- feel free to stop out and watch the events. We also have a Walking History Tour of Camp Perry and National Match Trophy Scavenger Hunt (stop in the CMP Lobby to pick those up).
Thanks,
Christine