Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Default M14 compatable tactical stock?

Folks, Please advise.... want to replace my McMillan fiberglass stock containing a Winchester Double Lug/Hart Barrel combination for a collapsable stock with rail attachments. ...On a Sergeants pay....

Flavors I've considered but extremely cost prohibitive! include:

Veltor Stock, Rail, & Sling Mount just under $900

Sage EBR just under $960

(or)

Troy Six Position approx $1100

Any/all advice would be appreciated, and rewarded with you being authorized to take the 25th of December off from work.

R.S.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Folks, Please advise.... want to replace my McMillan fiberglass stock containing a Winchester Double Lug/Hart Barrel combination for a collapsable stock with rail attachments. ...On a Sergeants pay....

Flavors I've considered but extremely cost prohibitive! include:

Veltor Stock, Rail, & Sling Mount just under $900

Sage EBR just under $960

(or)

Troy Six Position approx $1100

Any/all advice would be appreciated, and rewarded with you being authorized to take the 25th of December off from work.

R.S.
You own a long-range match M14 and are worrying about $1k or am I reading that wrong? That's a $30k rifle.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 AM

Yes, I own a 1/9 twist match gun. Anything past that statement ..... you are reading wrong. (Read: 1) 'Back in the day at approximately $1,100 in cost; 2) If anyone wants to pay my mortgage off with a $30 grand offer, still not interested; & 3) If the 'Blue or 'Green side is paying that kind of money, time for me to put my size 10 up someone's back side).

Also includes a 56mm objective Springfield Scope & Mount (purchased at Competitors Row).

Back on topic..., I received a pm that the SAGE will not accept a double-lug.

Please continue (all) responses/guidance is welcome. I appreciate the breadth & scope (no pun intended) that you professionals/enthusiasts can 'bring to the table.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Yes, I own a 1/9 twist match gun. Anything past that statement ..... you are reading wrong. (Read: 1) 'Back in the day at approximately $1,100 in cost; 2) If anyone wants to pay my mortgage off with a $30 grand offer, still not interested; & 3) If the 'Blue or 'Green side is paying that kind of money, time for me to put my size 10 up someone's back side).
So, it isn't a Winchester M14. My mistake. There are only a 100 or so actual M14s in private hands and they are worth a fortune.

Quote:
Back on topic..., I received a pm that the SAGE will not accept a double-lug.

Please continue (all) responses/guidance is welcome. I appreciate the breadth & scope (no pun intended) that you professionals/enthusiasts can 'bring to the table.
I doubt any of the metal "tactical" stocks can accept a double lug. They were only welded on to rifles to increase the longevity of the bedding the metal stocks don't need.

Last edited by missilegeek; 02-20-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM

FOLDER STOCK

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/93031...tree-than.html

pictures on last page....post 80 and 86

$40 eBay - Mako Mossberg Pistol grip
$11 eBay - Eleven inch tapered Pic rail
$39 Online buy Magpul AFG1 from a year ago.
$160 Online buy ACE folding stock and hinge

$250 total for converting to a folding Mako Modstock

Now all you need is a G.I. fiberglass stock to work with....about $150 these days...a beater will work though, since you will probably paint it when done.
Hope this helps. Will your McMillan be for sale afterwards ? You did say "replace." ........If so, let me know first please. thanks.....Rip.

Last edited by M14; 02-20-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: broken link
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM

Forgot to add, with that double lug, you may want to get some carbon fiber strips and fiberglass reinforcing cloth, and stiffen up the front end of that stock with more glass. Then I would bed it, and still have a match rifle...in a shorter, more portable version.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM

Hey Missilgeek,

I thought that only the Springfield Armory Inc rifles were M1A'a and all the other clones were then M14 do to the trade mark laws. I own two and both have M14 stamped on their receiver. Neither one is an original contractor but I still call them M14's. Is this wrong? What should I call them?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
Hey Missilgeek,

I thought that only the Springfield Armory Inc rifles were M1A'a and all the other clones were then M14 do to the trade mark laws. I own two and both have M14 stamped on their receiver. Neither one is an original contractor but I still call them M14's. Is this wrong? What should I call them?
I just call my Smith an M14-clone, but the OP referred to a Winchester. That actually is an M14.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjtorborg View Post
Hey Missilgeek,

Do yours look like this one ?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 View Post
Do yours look like this one ?
They were at one point discussing Winchester, this is a Winchester.

http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/ro...7c672.jpg.html