Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2021, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW_Pepper View Post
Where has CMP stated reselling 1911's is a forbidden practice? Not disagreeing (I wouldn't sell mine...) but have never seen that rule written anywhere.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-from-program/
Old 07-22-2021, 08:16 PM

I received a USMC rebuild with the replacement slide. Are there any rework markings on the frame?
Old 07-22-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Clemenza View Post
Thanks everyone after looking at the forums Iím feeling better. Itís an Israeli slide. Receiver looks great.

First time CMP buyer so wasnít sure what to expect. Iíll enjoy shooting it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It won't get better, but yes, enjoy shooting it.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 07-22-2021, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default_Username View Post
Interesting. Good catch, thanks for posting. I wonder if that rule is still in effect. Not me tionwd on the Round Two page and the Round One page is gone:

https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/
Old 07-22-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Where has CMP stated reselling 1911's is a forbidden practice? Not disagreeing (I wouldn't sell mine...) but have never seen that rule written anywhere.
There've been a few responses from the CMP 1911 admin on this subject. I remember reading an post about how precarious this program is because lawmakers are worried about one of these handguns being used in a crime and casting a bad light on the program. I believe the CMP stated that it was for this reason that they are being required to have these transferred to FFLs despite running background checks prior to filling the order, unlike the M1 Garands which ship to your door in most states.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=Banned
Old 07-22-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkalink18 View Post
There've been a few responses from the CMP 1911 admin on this subject. I remember reading an post about how precarious this program is because lawmakers are worried about one of these handguns being used in a crime and casting a bad light on the program.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=Banned
I just read that chain. It's a bunch of users stating opinions. Have not seen guidance from CMP on the subject. Just user opinions and "I heard...." statements. The blog post below had a cut/paste from 2018 but that wording is nowhere on the CMP website today.

Not arguing and definately Not Selling (cold, dead fingers....) but also not seeing actual written guidance from a CMP representative on the subject in 2021 regarding Round Two.

Perhaps they abandoned the rule they had back in 2018 for Round One?

Last edited by JW_Pepper; 07-22-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I just read that chain. It's a bunch of users stating opinions. Have not seen guidance from CMP on the subject. Just user opinions and "I heard...." statements. The blog post below had a cut/paste from 2018 but that wording is nowhere on the CMP website today.

Not arguing and definately Not Selling (cold, dead fingers....) but also not seeing actual written guidance from a CMP representative on the subject in 2021 regarding Round Two.

Perhaps they abandoned the rule they had back in 2018 for Round One?
That's my opinion on it as well.

To the OP, I understand your frustration, and have had friends that got theirs like that and feel the same way. Heck, if I got one like that I'd probably feel similarly, the replacement slide is a known possibility, but it's about the only thing I well and truly do not want. The good news is you can find a replacement slide (keep your original one of course) or sell it and put the funds towards something you like more. It's your gun, the opinions of us internet gun weirdos about whether or not you should be happy with it don't really matter.
Old 07-24-2021, 03:22 AM

This is the stuff that really gets me. Along with the correctors..

Ohh no I got a USGI contract TZ made slide.. Not an Isreali slide. The Army needed parts and ammo for the 45s, and instead of wasting a bunch of resources simply bought stuff from a company in Isreali. From memory there were barrels, ammo, and slides (plus a few other things). The army did this all the time and does to this day.

You all know those are the best slides you could ever want from a USGI 1911. They have 1980s metallurgy and you can shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot you 1911 and never have to worry about it.

The 80s barrels as well, some of them even came chrome lined. They shoot awesome.

US History with these firearms (not just the 1911s) did not and does not end with WW2. Be happy that the miracle that this program was even allowed to occur. Be happy that you got one that shoes evidence of the FIVE decades of front line service that the M1911A1 served.

I can only imagine the fuss from people on here if CMP were selling M2 Ma Duce machine guns. A firearm that has been in front line service since WW2. There are WW2 ma deuce receivers fighting as I type. The could have parts in them from ohh..EIGHT decades...

I guess it's from people used to getting Garands and M1 Carbines that were only used for a couple decades..
Old 07-24-2021, 07:59 AM

The last time I had to qualify with the M1911A1 before we were issued M9s, I was issued TZ ammo from Israel and guess what. It shot just as well as the US made ammunition that I had been issued the previous year. As moose said above, the military bought lots of TZ slides, barrels and ammo in the 1980s and it was all very high quality. Enjoy your historic M1911A1.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Clemenza View Post
mine received today. I didnít know you could ask for a hand picked. Iím disappointed it has an aftermarket slide. I never imagined theyíd send an aftermarket slide. Frame is a nice REM Rand. I have send an email back to return or exchange it.
334100382515 RR slide on eBay