Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 Whelen View Post
I'm not sure I understand the issue here. You bought it from a dealer, its serial number has been recorded, so whether it looks fishy or not, whether it's in the wrong block of serial numbers or not, it's legitimate.

So really you have two choices-
If you ordered a Rock-Ola, and that's what you want, tell them you want a refund because they didn't send you what you ordered, a Rock-Ola and you shouldn't have to pay the 10% because they sent the wrong merchandise. Otherwise, have them send it back and enjoy it.
I agree with that and wonder what the hesitation is. IF he paid for a Roc and got an ibm that in and of itself would be reason enough. The serial number issue isn't really an issue as it is legit. I fail to see the problem at this point.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:53 PM

Before the sale began I put both a Rock-Ola and IBM fine grade in my wishlist. When the sales started I attempted to buy both in separate orders due the site slowing down. I thought the Rock-Ola went through and the IBM failed. Turns out it was the inverse but I was ok with that. That's totally on me; no fault of Midway.

Since it shipped under my C&R I didn't have a chance to inspect it at a dealer. I noticed the altered serial I on opening and questioned it for not only legality but to the standards they stated in their ads that in effect stated they were unmodified.

I now know that the altered serial number is ok since itbwas imported and transfered to me that way. When they replied they said this alteratiin was done by IBM I was curious about that from those here more experienced in collecting as I had never found that in any research to this point. I still question IBM factoy reserializing to a Saginaw number.

I do plan to keep it...but as parts. It swallows a muzzle gauge but I went and shot 100 rounds through it this evening since decided not to return it to see how it shot. The groupings were pretty bad.. The stock and a few other parts have value to me for other projects. The barrel slide and receiver I am thinking about to demil and build a wall hanger for a friend that is into WW2 memorabilia for his rec room.

Edit: Changed my mind already on its use. Since I recently got into Cerokoting I will use it as a test bed to practice on.

Last edited by CounterMeasure; 06-16-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 PM

I just picked up a G-VG national postal meter without bayonet lug and a G-VG Underwood with bayonet lug this evening. I had to click on each gun even though they show sold out. People may be getting turned down at the background check.

They also still have an inland with bayo lug available right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2021, 02:42 PM

Got 4 mags from midway today. 1 B in circle, 1 AI right-side up. Another upside down and the last KI. So 3 inland, 1 misc. Overall wear is worse than the 2 brownells "moderate rust" I bought. Very much not worth the price, but I was curious.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_OH View Post
Got 4 mags from midway today. 1 B in circle, 1 AI right-side up. Another upside down and the last KI. So 3 inland, 1 misc. Overall wear is worse than the 2 brownells "moderate rust" I bought. Very much not worth the price, but I was curious.
Which grade mags did you buy?
Old 06-19-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewagon72 View Post
Which grade mags did you buy?
2 each of the grade 3 and 2
Old 06-19-2021, 03:58 PM

Thanks, picked up a grade 2 to hopefully match the finish of the NPM I got from them. The unissued new I got from Numrich look too nice for display purposes.

Last edited by Smokewagon72; 06-19-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:05 PM

I'm actually going to take back what I said. I got a better look, and the grade 2s don't show any spots of major rust - bag was just really dirty.

Here's the two grade 3s(links below the pics go to the originals in case they don't embed:

https://i.imgur.com/6L3nobB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P1AwnQq.jpg

And the two brownells ones:

https://i.imgur.com/tiouiCm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n99tbz8.jpg