Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2021, 06:08 AM

Default Creedmoor Sports Match .308?

I have a couple of 50 round boxes of this I got with a Garand from CMP. I donít remember what it sold for at the time and Creedmoor Sports doesnít have it listed on their web site anymore.

Apparently its made by them using Lapua Brass and Scenar bullets. Iím not selling it, Iím trying to trade it for some hard to find handgun ammo calibers.

Anyone have any opinions on this ammo? Or have an idea what itís worth?

Old 06-02-2021, 06:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Thought it was selling for $125/100 rounds.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:07 AM

It's back in stock in the Estore. price is still $125/100
Old 07-13-2021, 09:14 PM

I was fortunate enough to lay in some of this. It is 5-shot one hole ammo at 100 yards in the two rifles we tried. One an f-class, one a Savage. The Savage shot a 0.25 inch group.

I have not chrono'd yet, but will soon. It will take careful reloading to match it.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEinConcord View Post
I was fortunate enough to lay in some of this. It is 5-shot one hole ammo at 100 yards in the two rifles we tried. One an f-class, one a Savage. The Savage shot a 0.25 inch group.

I have not chrono'd yet, but will soon. It will take careful reloading to match it.
Great ammo, especially for the price. I agree that only careful reloading will match its accuracy. I have not taken a chrono to it but in order to get similar groups I have had to carefully weigh either Varget or 2520 charges, ensure the brass is uniform, and sort SMK's or Nosler CC's. Alternately TMK's without sorting have reached similar accuracy. Via careful bench shooting for groups with a self-built BULA Defense M14, I have shot several sub-moa 5 shot groups and a .26" 3 shot bug hole.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:22 PM

LOT# 00467 chronographed ten shots at 2714 fps average at the muzzle with a 14 fps standard deviation out of 26 inch Shilen barrel. That is a fast barrel that always outperforms load data. The box lists 2680 as the advertised speed. Not sure how far from the muzzle they measured it.

Remember when we reloaded to achieve better accuracy and to save cost? You’d have to shop hard to buy Lapua Scenars and brass for $1.25 per round.