Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2021, 10:55 PM

Default Importer I can use?

Does anyone know an importer I can use to bring in firearm Receivers from Canada? I may end up doing it myself but would rather use an established importer.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:11 AM

Last time I looked at the ATF FAQ site, there was mention that a "regular" FFL guy could be used on a small time permit for a once-in-a-great-while import. There were special forms for him/her to fill out to make it okay. Check the FAQs or the ATF directly.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:52 AM

Simpson’s LTD is outstanding and extremely helpful. I used to import a Gas Trap back into the States
Old 11-22-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
Last time I looked at the ATF FAQ site, there was mention that a "regular" FFL guy could be used on a small time permit for a once-in-a-great-while import. There were special forms for him/her to fill out to make it okay. Check the FAQs or the ATF directly.
Yes but at the time I only have a C&R licence ,Will that work? Ive located a substancial stash of BM59 and other M-1 Garand semi Auto Recievers still packed in Grease aparently new,A whole shipping container full. And the price is very very good.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:12 AM

I am pretty sure that receivers can't be imported, just complete rifles, etc?

I also know that a C&R can import every now and then, at least a few years ago a friend did this.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:52 AM

Interesting, I always heard that importing was nearly impossible for the casual collector due to the bureaucracy; I never had an opportunity that made it worth researching.

I suspect the C&R won't be considered for this as these are receivers, but if Simpsons or someone is a possibility that should prove to be entertaining.

JH
Old 11-23-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Deuce View Post
Yes but at the time I only have a C&R licence ,Will that work? Ive located a substancial stash of BM59 and other M-1 Garand semi Auto Recievers still packed in Grease aparently new,A whole shipping container full. And the price is very very good.
Bm59 receivers are select fire, not semi auto. You’re not going to be able to import those.

A C&R doesn’t allow you to conduct business. A shipping container would suggest you are purchasing with intent to sell these.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to andyman Send a message via Skype™ to andyman

Importing US military equipment really is a gray area fyi. Having done a fair number of Form 6s for completely importable items myself, I would tread very lightly especially in this day and age. You are playing with fire. It sucks, but is it really worth your livelihood? There are lots of political actors in our bureaucracies nowadays itching to make a headline that fits a narrative. It doesn't even matter if you do it by the book-your life can still be hell if they want it to be.

Take a look at the form yourself, Box 9 a-c: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...ammunition-and

Last edited by andyman; 11-23-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
Bm59 receivers are select fire, not semi auto. You’re not going to be able to import those.

A C&R doesn’t allow you to conduct business. A shipping container would suggest you are purchasing with intent to sell these.
Didn't FluffyTheCat explain to us why he can have BM59's and we don't?
I think there is a reason these haven't been imported yet, being FA and all.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post

I found someone with a shipping container of them mixed BM59 and Garand and italian recievers i wont be trying to import the whole container just enough to make it cost effective several hundred garand and italian ones ,Im well aware BM-59 recievers are selectfire ,These are in Canada and I dont believer with there laws you can have full auto receivers or firearms can you? So Id have to call them back and ask about those I think they said they were converted to semi only . But they do have a whole shipping container full and the price makes it a deal you just cant pass up under $100.00 still in cosmoline.