Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2021, 05:50 PM

Arrow Next iteration of NM Collector CP (v. 0.3) Available for Download

As always, please provide your feedback here or in this blog post! Also, if you like what you see please share with others!

You can download for free through our on-line shop.

This latest release adds the ability to manage pictures and edit drop down lists. It also reduces the flashing when switching between tabs but does not eliminate it. In fact, it will probably still be quite noticeable on slow machines. It also fixes a bug that prevented you from entering values when adding a new item if you were last in a tab other than ID when you added a new item.

Please note the sequence field in the Pictures is used to order the pictures when they are loaded from the database and for reports when they are available. Please note that in order to see changes to the sequence of pictures when you change the sequence value you will have to exit and re-enter the pictures page.

Known issues:

1. Focus is lost when clicking some of the buttons associated with the drop down lists and calendar fields. The system will remember where you were on the page but it will change the focus to the first item at the top of the page. In this circumstance, you just have to click wherever you want to go next rather than use the tab.

2. Slow computers will still see a page disappear before a new page loads.

3. The notes field is fixed and does not expand with content. I still need to work on that feature.

4. If you delete a value from a drop down list but that value is used it will be added back after deletion. This is by design. If you want to delete a value that is being used from a drop down list be sure to stop using it first!
Old 07-16-2021, 01:19 PM

Linux V0.3

Having the ability to edit the drop down list is nice! Will be able to get rid of the typos I create, lol

I couldn't get the pictures to work, then realized they need to be .png Will there be support for other formats? All my pics are .jpg
The pic size selection (fit, fill, etc) and notes for the pics are a nice touch.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:21 PM

Default JPG pictures should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Linux V0.3

Having the ability to edit the drop down list is nice! Will be able to get rid of the typos I create, lol

I couldn't get the pictures to work, then realized they need to be .png Will there be support for other formats? All my pics are .jpg
The pic size selection (fit, fill, etc) and notes for the pics are a nice touch.
Thank you. .jpg pictures should work. I hate to say this because it really does not mean much on your computer but my .jpg pics load for me. What happens when you try to load your .jpg pics? We can check for errors if you run it from the cmd line but I will have to step you through that.

Thanks again,

Clay
Old 07-17-2021, 06:31 AM

When adding a jpg the image box just stays grey, like when there are no pics. But the 'Picture Path' and 'Original Picture Path' both populate and save with the correct directories and file names, just no image shown.

Below is the basic terminal output from when I added a png and then a jpg, doesn't seem to show much. If there's a log file or error location you'll have to let me know where it's located.

Code:
InsertMaps (first query out of 1): INSERT INTO [PICTURES] ([COLLECTIONID], [ITEMID], [PICTURESID], [PATH], [TEXT1], [TEXT2], [DECIMAL1], [NOTE1]) VALUES (?, 
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) 
DetectOS, returnValue is [linux] 
UpdateRecord: UPDATE [PICTURES] SET [TEXT2]=? WHERE [COLLECTIONID] = ? AND [ITEMID] = ? AND [PICTURESID] = ? 
InsertMaps (first query out of 1): INSERT INTO [PICTURES] ([COLLECTIONID], [ITEMID], [PICTURESID], [PATH], [TEXT1], [TEXT2], [DECIMAL1], [NOTE1]) VALUES (?, 
?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) 
DetectOS, returnValue is [linux] 
UpdateRecord: UPDATE [PICTURES] SET [TEXT2]=? WHERE [COLLECTIONID] = ? AND [ITEMID] = ? AND [PICTURESID] = ?
Old 07-17-2021, 08:45 AM

Exclamation Picture size?

Thank you for the additional information. I forgot that you are using Linux so the log is easy for you to get to. If there were errors they should (emphasis on should) have showed up in the log. I fired up my Linux box and verified that I can load a random .jpg image.

So, now we have speculate as to what might be going on. JE used to have problems loading very large images. Granted, if that were the case, we should be seeing an error message. If that is the issue I need to work on capturing an error for that. In the mean-time, can you try reducing your image size?

I can't think of anything else at this time. Please let me know if you think of anything.

Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:26 AM

I did use small pic sizes. But don't worry about it. Searching around my distro's forum, seems like a few are having odd java issues with various programs, so it's probably related to my distro. Worst case I just batch convert the pics to png, wouldn't really be a big deal.

Thanks for the help and look forward to the next version!
Old 07-17-2021, 11:41 AM

Thumbs up

okay, thanks again. BTW, I am using Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS with openjdk 14.0.1
Old 07-30-2021, 08:24 AM

Smile problem with pictures on Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I did use small pic sizes. But don't worry about it. Searching around my distro's forum, seems like a few are having odd java issues with various programs, so it's probably related to my distro. Worst case I just batch convert the pics to png, wouldn't really be a big deal.

Thanks for the help and look forward to the next version!

I did find a problem with pictures on Linux but you should have seen an error with that problem. It will be fixed in the next release which will be coming out soon. I was hoping to release it by today but there are some font issues I need to resolve with the reports.

Thanks again!