We should start miss-matched bolt thread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MP10-32
    • Dec 2009

We should start miss-matched bolt thread...

I wonder if we could match up bolts to the right rifles?

I have 700 style bolt # 24535----I need bolt #29002 or #21113
  • Bullsquid1
    • Nov 2009

How can you tell a 700 style from other styles? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• MP10-32
      • Dec 2009

700 style bolt...

700 style has the swept back handle and the knob is oval shaped and checkered.

722 style has straight hand and round smooth knob.

Serial numbers would not be duplicate, the #'s would match the rifle it came from whether 722 or 700.

Mark

Comment

• Bullsquid1
        • Nov 2009

Thanks Mark. Mine`s a 700 then. Serial # on the bolt is 30583... Need # 28502.
        Last edited by Bullsquid1; 12-29-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• ehkempf
          • Dec 2009

I have 700 style bolt # 35633----I need bolt #21098

Comment

• kreiert
            • Oct 2009

Have 700 style bolt #24324 and am looking for the same style with #20219

Comment

• NolaSafari
              • Oct 2009

I like this idea, but since no two people will be able to swap bolts directly and CMP has head spaced the bolt to the rifle you won’t just want to trade for another non correct bolt which may not head space correctly. This should be fun, I guess that a CMP bolt trading day will have to be scheduled so everyone can swap bolts at the same time. I will post mine as soon as I get my 40X.<O
              Thanks Jim

Comment

• dukeofdata
                • Oct 2009

Jim, Right you are. Checking the headspace is a must. I've thought through this and I'd be willing to trade for another mis-matched bolt just to get an original rifle and bolt combination together for someone. Hopefully, someone else would be willing to do the same for me. My two HBs should arrive tomorrow, so I'll post here, if needed.

My 40X HB and 40X HB SS arrived this morning (12/30/2009). Both have the original bolts. Happy New Year!
                Last edited by dukeofdata; 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM. Reason: 40Xs Arrive
                Rick

Comment

• Robbtr6
                  • Dec 2009

Bolt Swap

Got my 40x today what a B-Day gift to myself.
                  700 Style bolt #35573 need bolt #22193

Comment

• Duece2
                    • Dec 2009

40x bolt swap

I have bolt#35552 and need #27845,I also have bolt#5354 for my xb and need#5312

Comment

• MP10-32
                      • Dec 2009

A possible process...

Originally posted by NolaSafari View Post
                      I like this idea, but since no two people will be able to swap bolts directly and CMP has head spaced the bolt to the rifle you won’t just want to trade for another non correct bolt which may not head space correctly. This should be fun, I guess that a CMP bolt trading day will have to be scheduled so everyone can swap bolts at the same time. I will post mine as soon as I get my 40X.<O
                      Once everyone has posted what bolts they have and what they need, yes some will still have mis-matched bolts. And, yes, all rifles still need to be headspace checked after a bolt swap. Even the correct bolt to rifle should be checked.

Possible swap procedure: person getting mis-match swap bolt should check bolt in their rifle first. If that is OK, then correct numbered bolt is sent to correct rifle and headspcae checked. If both are OK, we have a done deal.
                      Person getting correct bolt might want to pay all shipping charges for both bolts to be shipped. Just a thought????????????

Comment

• bratt
                        • Nov 2009

I'm in.
                        I have 700 style bolt # 20429----I need bolt #24669

Comment

• dave tengdin
                          • Oct 2009

Just a thought here before this thread gets too far advanced;

Did anyone think about asking Orest or Phil New if any efforts had been made while they were sitting in the warehouse (prior to the sale and shipment of the 40x's) to match up the bolts with the rifles?

And, has anyone recieved a correct bolt and reciever in their rifle package?

Comment

• gszeto99
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by dave tengdin View Post
                            Just a thought here before this thread gets too far advanced;

Did anyone think about asking Orest or Phil New if any efforts had been made while they were sitting in the warehouse (prior to the sale and shipment of the 40x's) to match up the bolts with the rifles?

And, has anyone recieved a correct bolt and reciever in their rifle package?
                            I got one that was a correct matched set but I also have others that did not match.

Comment

• surplusshooter
                              • Dec 2009

Hey dave tengdin, your's is a much better idea.... to have the CMP match the bolts to the receivers "PRIOR TO SHIPMENT",it could be done this way, however can you just imagine how long it would take to match up the bolts in 800 rifles. That is probably why the CMP didn't do it in the first place. Now, that brings up another question...if this massive bolt trade was to take place, some people are still going to end up with mis-matched bolts, so how do you set the headspace on a .22 rimfire if it is not correct ? Are we opening up a can of worms here ? I would be willing to offer the CMP an extra $ 10.00 to off-set the labor cost for the matching labor and if everyone did this that's $ 10.00 X 800. That should cover the labor cost for the warehouse guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X