Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2021, 04:34 PM

Default North Store today

Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:14 PM

It sounds lonely at the North store.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:27 PM

My dad and I were the first ones there this morning. And Iím glad we were . Right after we picked out what we wanted quite a few people showed up and it looked like a feeding frenzy.
It was my first visit I was hoping to get a special but there were none . I got 2 service grades . One H&R with a bbl that was 0 & 0 so hopefully it will be my shooter . The other was a IH . My Dad got a couple of Springfields . I had been intending to do this since it was the DCM 25 years ago. Glad I finally did
Old 02-18-2021, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold. After some debating, we both decided to do a mail order and try making the longer drive to the south store in the spring.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3IDGarand View Post
Thanks for the update. I was thinking of going this week with a buddy of mine (5+hour drive), but had no appointment and didn't want to wait in the cold.
You would not have to wait outside in the cold. There is a large indoor area with restrooms and chairs where you check in. It is the same area where you check in for the national matches. Once checked in, they will either tell you to wait inside or they will send you right in, depending how many people are inside the store. When they tell you that you can go in, you go outside and enter two doors down. So the only time you are outside is walking from and to your car.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:53 AM

So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-OH View Post
So the 2 limit is still in effect at the north store? Seems to be some confusion. Some say yes. Some say no.
It was last Saturday.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-OH View Post
It was yesterday
Old 02-19-2021, 11:18 AM

Default North store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57 View Post
Talked to Bob at the N.S. this afternoon. He said there was one customer in the store with about 7 Service grade Garands and maybe 4 Field grades left, and those were fairly well picked over.

A new truck is not expected for another month or so, and with current N.S. rule of 2 Garand's from the store, the store should be quiet.
So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAAF View Post
So the racks are near empty with nothing left to refill racks ? Scary.
I was there on the 11 th and it was fairly busy morning. Took only one home thinking when another truck comes I could get one more, if that two per year at the North store holds out.
When we got there yesterday morning the first rack was full of service Springfield and H&R , the second was about 3/4 full , that’s where I go my IH , so I’m guessing it was all IH ? Over by the window where you turn your paperwork in there was a rack I did not look at . My dad said they were all more expensive.
With the amount of people that were there and still coming I would imagine they were pretty low on stock by the end of the day if they don’t have more rifles
They had some field grades also , but if I remember right no more than 3/4 of the rack was full .

I guess a question for the regulars would be , is everything usually full on a Thursday morning?

Last edited by rmw66; 02-19-2021 at 12:37 PM.