Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles > Mann Accuracy Device
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 AM

Default Mann Device for Pistols

I scanned this picture for Hatcher's "Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers" where the General describes the use of the Mann device to test 45 Cal Pistol ammo.

Its a 1903 Springfield action with a 5 inch 45 ACP barrel. Notice the remote camera switch used to fire the device.

Hatcher gives the best description of using the Mann device in this book, I've ever read.

Now if we can only get Congress to allow the CMP to sell these pistol devices I could really come out with a load for my Bullseye 45 Pistol.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:28 AM

they would be concidered short barrelled rifles under nfa rules subject to a 200.00 tax stamp.the receivers were originally built as rifles.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 AM

Not really, if you used a pistol grip like the 308 Manns, it would be a pistol grip bolt action pistol. But it doesn't matter, I don't see Congress allowing the CMP to sell pistols in my life time.

Also I'm not really interested in it being a pistol or rifle, but the history of the device itself.

But if you're right, and I could find on I'd gladly pay for the stamp + cost of the device to be able to get a piece of history.

Last edited by kraigwy; 07-29-2012 at 09:42 AM.