Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2022, 08:53 AM

Try ncrr.net. Select disciplines at top of page and then rifle. They usually start posting info Feb/Mar for upcoming matches. We shoot mostly NRA High power with CMP sprinkled in. 1000 yard is all you want for 20-30 minutes and then 20 for score. Very informal and fun group. Your rifle has to be up to speck to shoot matches for score. You can shoot any rifle in any position but will be in the unclassified section. Some shoot the entire match prone with a bipod. Electron targets so no spotting.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:57 PM

That’s a very cool piece of history with that cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinpig View Post
I looked up the Walnut Hill range in Woburn, and found it was the original home of the Massachusetts Rifle Assoc.

That emblem looked familiar to me and I remembered it was on a shooting award cup I have that my great-uncle (born in 1869) left me when I was a kid.

Thanks, I'm very pleased to learn about that.
My range in SE Mass. (Copicut RA) still has 300 yd. if you're looking for someplace.
Tinpig
"The strange American ardor for passing laws, the insane belief in regulation and punishment, plays into the hands of the reformers, most of them quacks themselves. Their efforts, even when honest, seldom accomplish any appreciable good..." -H.L. Mencken
Old 01-23-2022, 01:05 PM

If you are ever in North Georgia, there is River Bend Gun Club. It has a 25 position 600 yard range. We have monthly matches open to the public for XTC and 3 x 600. We have annual vintage CMP matches and several matches for those that are chasing points.
https://www.rbgc.org/
Old 01-25-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMA-1982 View Post
Yeah I was surprised too.
You're local , come on down and we'll take to the 100 yd line and you can look over the edge of the earth LOL. Seriously, you're in F Burg, our club has a wonderful menu of ranges
Old 01-25-2022, 11:01 AM

I miss Quantico’s club. Been 30 years since I lived in NoVA (Woodbridge). Their range upkeep made many a golf course look pretty shabby.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
You're local , come on down and we'll take to the 100 yd line and you can look over the edge of the earth LOL. Seriously, you're in F Burg, our club has a wonderful menu of ranges
Sir - it's Ed Olivares here. I'm actually working on a long range rifle and looking forward to trying it out and getting some expert coaching! Built an M21 clone off a Springfield Inc M1A with GI stock, dummy selector, Sadlak steel mount and HiLux repro ART scope. Have been mainly shooting at IWLA on Garrisonville Rd so probably need to renew my QSC membership.

Here's some pics. Scope is mounted but haven't sighted it in yet.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:09 AM

In NW Louisiana we have Long Range Alley.

It has 100, 200, and 1,000 yard ranges, plus a steel range that goes out to about 850 yards. I've shot there quite often, but I don't own a rifle that would allow me to qualify for the 1,000 yard range.