Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamcthomas View Post
More great info on this issue.
My question is where are the Rules Committee rulings listed on the CMP site? I couldn't find anything except the rule book itself.
As far as I know, none of their rulings are listed on the website. They are supposed to be incorporated in the rule books each year when they update them.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:59 PM

Reviving this old thread. I just bought a new Springfield Mil-spec just for use in the as-issued matches.

(1) they come with an arched mainspring housing now. I see no problem in the rules with changing this out for a flat one, even one that is checkered. Agreed?

(2) the trigger is very bad. Lots of creep. Would it be within the rules to clean up the trigger as long as it meets the weight requirements?
Old 03-14-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
Reviving this old thread. I just bought a new Springfield Mil-spec just for use in the as-issued matches.

(1) they come with an arched mainspring housing now. I see no problem in the rules with changing this out for a flat one, even one that is checkered. Agreed?

(2) the trigger is very bad. Lots of creep. Would it be within the rules to clean up the trigger as long as it meets the weight requirements?

You can replace the mainspring housing, but I would use one of a similar profile to the one being replaced. Not a problem to clean up the trigger.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
You can replace the mainspring housing, but I would use one of a similar profile to the one being replaced.
So no flat one? How do you interpret that? Plenty of service pistols issued with flat mainspring housing.

"pistol must be in as-issued or “factory stock” condition" - it would be in as-issued condition

"Only government-issue parts or government or commercial parts of the
same general weight and dimensions may be used;" - no problem

"reasonable flexibility must be applied in determining if the pistol is an M1911-type pistol within the spirit and intent of this rule." - so replacing an arched mainspring housing with a flat one would send me home?

Not arguing (well, yes I am), but I don't see it. No match conditioning or accurizing involved.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:39 AM

What I meant to say was a flat one was okay, just no checkering, since it would not be present on a GI pistol.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRT View Post
What I meant to say was a flat one was okay, just no checkering, since it would not be present on a GI pistol.
OK that makes sense. Thank you.

So how about grip tape on front and back?
Old 03-17-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
OK that makes sense. Thank you.

So how about grip tape on front and back?
Nope. Not allowed.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:14 PM

OK. Pretty slick grips to be shooting 230 hardball. Somehow they managed to win two World Wars with it so maybe I can make it through a match. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
OK. Pretty slick grips to be shooting 230 hardball. Somehow they managed to win two World Wars with it so maybe I can make it through a match. Thanks.
Since it's all at 25 yards and they allow reloads, you can do like some of us and use a lighter load. My old Lyman manual shows 3.5 grains of Bullseye with the 230 grain bullet as an accuracy load. And it works, since I shot a 98 with it for the slow fire stage of the match.