Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2022, 10:53 AM

Default Rare UnQuality on Auction

Interesting that the verbage says "appears 100% correct" and fails to mention that it is a Bavarian. Also that it has a push safety and photos indicate a lever safety. I wasn't aware Bavarians were marked as such from the factory! What insight!
Old 04-25-2022, 01:53 PM

Regardless, it is an interesting gun.

Shame its got the Type 1 band, and the cool Utica M4 also being auctioned won't fit on it.

Don't see many Un-Quality come through. The name alone is worth it.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

It doesn't appear the NPM stock and adjustable rear sight would be "100% correct" either. No internal parts are shown either. so have no idea if those are correct or not.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:02 PM

"Correct" as rec'd from the "Bavaria Forestry Police"...
Defining terms just need to be tweeked a little to satisfy anyone who won't bid on the carbine. I'd expect that any serious bidder would have done some research and satisfied himself as to whether he wants to spend the money; however much that may be.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:42 AM

I am not trashing Bavarians. I have seven of them. All cmp hand selects. But, I would not describe any of them as "100% correct". Most (all of mine) were blued. Very well maintained. Bavarians have pretty short chain of custody and played an important role in history. Why not give the rifle it's due, accurately describe it and list all the parts. Experienced folks know what they are looking at. There are others....not so much.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:18 AM

As always, especially on the gun auction sites - Caveat emptor.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:27 AM

Total agreement with col b and BSAGuy. I made several trips to CMP looking for nice examples of the Bavaria Returns but never found condition I wanted in the racks. Someone beat me to the examples I NEEDED!!
col b addresses the "chain of custody" and thus history of this "variant"[?].
They certainly have a place in a collection. Like the Garand VAR and "VN Rebuilds".
*Just my opinion.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:05 PM

I was at the importer of 5,000 from Bavaria. Most of them still in cosmoline from WWII. The owner give us the greasy gloves I ever put on. “Help your self @ $125.00 each. Walked out with 10 each Winchesters and Rockolas. Have no idea how many were imported by different people.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:24 PM

Robert
That must have been a very rewarding experience long gone by the time I started to get m1 carbines, Hopefully you still have some 😋

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed View Post
I was at the importer of 5,000 from Bavaria. Most of them still in cosmoline from WWII. The owner give us the greasy gloves I ever put on. “Help your self @ $125.00 each. Walked out with 10 each Winchesters and Rockolas. Have no idea how many were imported by different people.
33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating. My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
My precious:
http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/ca...GN_spell2.html
Old 05-23-2022, 02:43 PM

I have one that has its original parts from the CMP, nothing had been changed. Of course the Bavarians refinished the receiver and the barrel , so it's not 100% original. It's a pretty one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed View Post
I now know why I can't find a Bavarian Rock-ola.