Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I also was at TMP yesterday, along with a few of my friends, and found a really nice 5.2 IHC Service Grade Gapper that only lacked the trigger group and bolt to be correct and was wearing a really nice '55 dated IHC stock.
The only other IHC that had an IHC stock on it was the Field Grade purchased by AH64guy. It also looked to be very nice and worth a ride home with someone.
No photo yet since their system was down so they will have to ship it to me.

Also saw a really nice 4.6 IHC Gap Service Grade with lots of IHC parts. It had a small bit of damage to the crown and did not have the IHC stock, though the stock it had was pretty nice. Overall a nice rifle. I selected the 5.2 above so left it there since there is only one rifle purchase allowed per day.

I actually went there looking for a new M1C. Hoping to find one with an original barrel and matching base but all the ones they had had 50's replacement barrels. Several have matching bases and all were wearing really nice Service Grade wood. Pretty decent looking lot if you are looking for a nice-looking Field or Service Grade M1C .

I also looked through the WRA Rack Grades as well as the IHC Rack Grades. My momma always told me that if I could not say something nice not to say anything at all so I will leave it at that.

Been since last November since my last trip so really had a blast

Rob
Glad you made the trip Rob and REALLY glad you found a gem!!
Old 07-01-2022, 09:15 AM

Iím hoping to make it today but Iím busy waiting on the rest of the partyÖ..[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2022, 09:41 AM

Eagerly awaiting photos of that IHC, Rob. That sounds like an outstanding find!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:49 PM

Default TMP current report 6/29/22

There was one field grade IHC when I left. I picked up one of the two that were left. It has a LMR barrel made 1/53 1ME 4TE readings. IHC gas plug. It had a WRA trigger guard rest of trigger assembly appears SA. HRE rear sight elevation knob. SA bolt and Op rod. The stock has a faint DAS stamp so possibly IHC? Iím not a SME on identifying stocks. The barrel cleaned up really good with my bore snake and Iím pretty sure it will be a great shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Texas Son; 07-01-2022 at 07:52 PM.