Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2020, 01:22 PM

Default 1911

Right now best guess will be 18 - 24 months at least.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Yeah I don't matter where you go people can't just be happy and follow the recommendations in the rules anyone that's riding their Congressman or complain about the way the CMP is handling the 1911 program they're just crap I can't even say what they are on here I probably get kicked off but they just need to shut up leave this people at the CMP alone be glad we even have the chance to get one adjust your high

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2020, 09:20 AM

Godspeed CMP 1911 Forum
Old 01-08-2021, 12:35 AM

Quick question.. hope it’s allowed here. I mailed my packet for the second round via usps.. do we get any confirmation from cmp that it has arrived ok before the deadline closes? I did not think about the delays and regret not sending ups or fedex.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitten View Post
Quick question.. hope itís allowed here. I mailed my packet for the second round via usps.. do we get any confirmation from cmp that it has arrived ok before the deadline closes? I did not think about the delays and regret not sending ups or fedex.
No. CMP has waaaay too much to do to notify people of package receipt.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitten View Post
Quick question.. hope it’s allowed here. I mailed my packet for the second round via usps.. do we get any confirmation from cmp that it has arrived ok before the deadline closes? I did not think about the delays and regret not sending ups or fedex.

I think not, because (as I understand it) they don't open the envelopes until after the application period closes. So they don't have contact info to notify applicants as the packets arrive. I trusted in USPS as well
Old 01-08-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMA-1982 View Post
I think not, because (as I understand it) they don't open the envelopes until after the application period closes. So they don't have contact info to notify applicants as the packets arrive. I trusted in USPS as well
This is what I was wanting to find out, thanks. I guess I was hoping they would open them and give you your number as they come in instead of at the end of the open date. That honestly would help them stay caught up and not have a ton of applications to open all at once... and it would help those with lost packets, etc, maybe be able to resend and make sure we make the deadline. Oh well, it's all in the usps hands now! Good luck everyone!
Old 01-08-2021, 01:59 PM

They can't assign an RGN until the application window closes and they know the total number. I think they don't even open a packet and check for correctness until an RGN has been assigned. Hence the advice to send the packet with some form of verification of receipt.

I think two months is plenty of time for the USPS to get a 1st Class letter from Virginia to Alabama so I didn't bother with priority or overnight, just dropped it in the mailbox. Good luck!

ETA - I did put a second stamp on the envelope just to be sure

Last edited by USMA-1982; 01-08-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:04 PM

As I think I remarked when a previous poster raised these naive questions/comments several months ago: "Loose lips sinks ships." It's called "OPSEC" in the military--don't talk shop outside the shop"--period. Trust CMP to do it's thing in the best interest of American marksmanship.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:40 PM

OK, I missed out on round 1.

So, What were the round 1 results?

Approx how many total round 1 packets received?

How many "good applications" received, i.e. how many RGNs created?

How many pistols ended up being sold via the RGN process? because auctions won't count against the RGNs.

Leaving:

How many RGNs are already at the top of the round 2 list?
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567