Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenzel View Post
well i purchased a slide to match my lower...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847910086

think i got a decent buy? The slide looks to be in good condition. Anyone here know much about slides to tell me if this is ww2 era, or roughly when it may have been manufactured?

its going on this gun:

https://imgur.com/a/coNfwD1

understanding the finish may be slightly different, is this slide correct to my frame?

I read somewhere on this forum that somebody said remingtons came from the factory with slightly different matches on slide/frame colors anyway, so technically if the slide is correct to my frame it wouldnt 100% matter if the finish is an exact match.
I had an RR frame and Colt slide also and feel the same as you . I wa
nt them from the same manufacturer .I swapped my Colt slide and $250 for a good RR slide . How much did you pay ? I can't pull the site with the price .
Old 05-09-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCOL View Post
I had an RR frame and Colt slide also and feel the same as you . I wa
nt them from the same manufacturer .I swapped my Colt slide and $250 for a good RR slide . How much did you pay ? I can't pull the site with the price .
like 175
Old 05-09-2021, 07:51 PM

I too got a battle gray Rand frame with a replacement colt top (dark/black)I had a very nice type 3 slide in the box (dark) It took over a year of heating oil on the frame to turn the frame dark-they now match
Old 05-10-2021, 04:46 PM

If you want to sell that colt slide PM me.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:24 PM

My wife received a Colt frame with a replacement slide as a field grade. The frame had a worn original finish and the slide was in a brand new darker park. She was very disappointed when she picked it up. It just looked horrible. She dug through my parts and swapped it with a RR slide that better matched the frames finish and was WWII. She said “it looks much happier now with the WWII slide”. I can’t say I disagree with her. Still mismatched but we put its original slide in the CMP case with the paperwork that way if she ever passes it along it can be returned to it as received condition.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachedawg View Post
My wife received a Colt frame with a replacement slide as a field grade. The frame had a worn original finish and the slide was in a brand new darker park. She was very disappointed when she picked it up. It just looked horrible. She dug through my parts and swapped it with a RR slide that better matched the frames finish and was WWII. She said ďit looks much happier now with the WWII slideĒ. I canít say I disagree with her. Still mismatched but we put its original slide in the CMP case with the paperwork that way if she ever passes it along it can be returned to it as received condition.
Thanks for your reply . I probably paid too much for my swap but I got a correct RR slide that VERY closely matches my RR frame .The Colt slide that came with the pistol didn't match and the finish was scratched horribly . I am very happy with my final product .
Old 05-11-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHScott View Post
" I'm not that in to it, but I don't much like the idea of a colt slide on a Remington frame either."

And oddly enough you are the only person in that pistols 76 year history that thought that.
well, no - I was an MP in the army, and while at Ft Polk, it bothered me that I had a Colt frame and rem rand slide, so swapped it out. Before I left base, I swapped them back

Ed
Old 05-11-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
well, no - I was an MP in the army, and while at Ft Polk, it bothered me that I had a Colt frame and rem rand slide, so swapped it out. Before I left base, I swapped them back

Ed
Agreed. There are gun nerds in all branches.
Day one of M16 issue is comparing receiver manufacturers and finish.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread