Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2021, 04:37 PM

Smile CA FFL's

Hi folks,

Anybody have experience with FFL's near Fresno, CA that are familiar with and have accepted CMP 1911's in Round 1? Willing to travel anywhere between Bakersfield and Sacramento, if necessary.

Thank you,

RW
Old 04-08-2021, 11:41 AM

Try any gun shop in your area - even Big Five has one.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:47 PM

Thumbs up Update on CA FFL's

Pmangelos can get me squared away near Ripon/Modesto if I'm unable to find an FFL in Clovis. He also suggested contacting Breco in Clovis. The Breco folks are a little uncertain about the particulars of the whole deal but they are at least familiar and open to doing business with/for/relating to the CMP. I explained that they're considered a curio/relic and not subject to the CA "safe handgun" list. He asked the boss who said so long as it's a "really old WWII-era" 1911A1 they'll feel comfortable doing the transfer. I'm going to head in there soon with some CMP literature so we can all get on the same page and prevent any surprises when CMP calls. Thank you, Paul, we will still be in touch just in case - I'm more than happy to make the trip up to you knowing I'll be in good hands.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:20 PM

Did you try Uncle Sam's Firearms on Blackstone in Fresno?
Old 04-13-2021, 11:51 PM

I live in Fresno, my FFL is great and shes helped with multiple CMP orders over the years. PM if you want me to connect you.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Try any gun shop in your area - even Big Five has one.
No, big 5 wont do transfers, nor will many smaller shop owners. I called the sleepy gun shop by my cabin and was told they still did transfers, then when I called to say I listed the as my 1911 FFL they pointed out they charge $200 for transfers.

Looking around I found a local shop that will charge me $50. Ill do whatever I can to buy more from him in the future, since Im sure its a hassle and not much profit for him to do these things.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:52 AM

Default transfers

I think you can google who will do transfers in your area and it usually tells you how much. That's how I found an outfit that only charges $10.00 only 10 miles from my home that I didn't know about.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:10 AM

Here is a site you can try: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index
Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the link yoteman. Uncle Sam's won't do it. Breco in Clovis said they would but there was some serious hesitation about the gun itself not being subject to the CA Handgun Roster - I explained to him it's a C&R 1911A1 and he wants to see more documentation. Probably shying away from them.... Gracie's in Reedley said they'll do it but they're only open a few days a week and I'm concerned the 1911 will be sent back to Alabama because there may not be somebody around on delivery day to sign for it. Can CMP schedule a shipment for a specific day of the week to ensure the FFL is around to sign it?
Old 05-12-2021, 07:33 AM

When you are contacted tell the sales person, the problem and what days they are open and we will try to ship it so it will be there on that day. But there is no guarantee as once it lease here it is in the hands of the shipper.