Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2021, 07:46 PM

Default M44us

Years ago someone was mfg aluminum replacement triggerguards for the M44US.
Anybody know if those are still available or if perhaps there are other alternatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2021, 08:39 PM

https://www.havlinsales.com/
Old 06-07-2021, 10:00 AM

There are GREAT people to deal with!

broomhandle
Old 06-09-2021, 12:14 PM

I bought one of these M44's years ago but haven't ever shot it. Now I'm thinking about giving it a try. What kind of ammo do they like best? What sort of accuracy are they capable of?
Old 06-09-2021, 02:34 PM

Hi Dave,

They are accurate rifles the barrels were all hand lapped by people that did it correctly. It was a introduction to precision shooting & it did well for it's purpose. Stock shape is not bad, but there are other stocks that are better.

The stock trigger is OK ,but with a little work can be made much better.
It will never be as good as Anzehutz, Winchester, Remington or H&R target rifle. But it much better then other so called accurate 22 rifles.

Does your twenty year old pickup have as much power & accessory's as a new 2021 Ford, Chevy or Chrysler pick up?
I have my M-44 for about 55 years & I STILL love it!
You will have people here willing to buy it if is posted for sale.

Try it you WILL like it!
broom
Old 06-10-2021, 02:15 PM

I bought it when CMP was selling them for $175 and it seemed they couldn't get rid of them even at that price. Mostly I've been shooting the 52-D, Kimber 82G, and Rem 40-X I bought because those are so much more capable, and match shooting was my primary focus. But shooting them is something of a production and formal. Some times a guy just wants to plink, and doesn't want to mess around with a 14 pound rifle. For that I have a bunch more; Win 1906, Win 62, Rem 121, MAS 45, Ans 1415-1416, Ruger 1022, Win 9422 / 9422M, Browning T-2, Springfield 1922 and the M44. Now you can see how I just might not have gotten around to shooting it!

I'm expecting it would probably shoot similar to either the T-2 (which isn't very accurate) or the MAS 45, but not as good as the Ans 1415-1416. Better than the pump gun repeaters
Old 06-10-2021, 03:38 PM

I’m not a match shooter per say…but it will do way better than your average commercial.22. IMO
Old 06-12-2021, 09:52 AM

I've shot a lot of the CMP (surplus) Remington and Olin ammo out of mine and can expect mostly baseball to softball sized groups out of my 44US with them at a hundred yards. Sure some flyers here and there, but the little rifle shoots nice. I haven't really spent any time trying out any of the more exotic ammo through them. The gun is pretty much stock - tho' I did polish the trigger some, being very careful NOT to polish too much as the surface is case hardened as I recall. And as a matter of full-disclosure, my shots are generally off a rest only, hand held rest granted, but I don't do as well doing offhand, etc.